Monday, August 27, 2007

Don't you see that I'd be better off by myself than wondering if I'm better off without you?

It's starting to look like it's going to be really hard for me to ever be in a relationship.

You know why?

The type of guy I like never likes me back. And that type of guy always ends up liking or being in a relationship with a girl who I wouldn't think they would like, which makes me think i was misguided in knowing their character.
I'm so gosh darn picky. I can't, CAN'T be in a relationship that I'm not sure about. I don't think I'll ever be able to force myself to settle for a guy. Whenever I see myself starting to get used to the idea of dating a guy that I didn't initially like, I back off because I know it's just because I like attention and I like the idea of being in a relationship. I would never actually be in a relationship with a guy like this, but I would unintentionally lead him on because I like being accepted. Especially because I feel unappreciated by the guy(s) I would actually want to be in a relationship with.
(And by "lead him on" i don't mean that I'm consciously messing with his emotions, I just like being around them and being friends with them, but they misinterpret it so it ends up being "my fault")
Anna would know this as the "Wendy's Epiphany". It's become a recurring plotline in my life and I'm totally ready for something to work out in my favor for once.